Despite current austerity and latent withdrawal, there are many reasons to exhibit at the Salon d’Automne :
-The Salon d’Automne is the showcase of the innovative artistic trends of the twentieth century where the most prestigious names of modern and contemporary art have been inscribed, from Matisse to Speedy Graphito, passing Cabu, Wolinski by Rodin, Brancusi, Renoir, Cézanne, Chagall, Braque, Picasso, Bonnard, Vasarely, Staël, Zao Wou-Ki, Willy Ronis, Moebius, Ousmane Sow, Jacques Villeglé, Yvon Taillandier etc. In France and abroad, the Salon d’Automne enjoys a bright reputation. The history of the Salon d’Automne is taught worldwide, in all art schools.
– Thanks to its original ethics, all techniques combined, all artists confront their art, during an artistic event where literature, poetry, theater, music, dance, cinema, conferences and debates and even fashion shows are performed!
– A planning of meetings and exchanges takes place during the Salon d’Automne inviting the public, professionals of the art market, state institutions, diplomatic corps… This is a real opportunity for the artists to meet, favoring unprecedented and sometimes even unexpected perspectives. Many projects are born thanks to these friendly and successful meetings.
– Since 1903, virtues of artistic SOLIDARITY has been proven by the community of the Salon d’Automne, renewed by 5 generations of passionate volunteers who have generously supported and animated this exceptional exhibition format, the Salon, resulting from this solidarity.
– A large budget is dedicated to the media promotion of the annual exhibition. In recent years, many partnerships have been created for allowing the Salon d’Automne to project itself into the 21st century, by being present on the new communication media, and social networks, in order to promote the richness and the creative diversity of the presented works.
– The Champs Élysées in Paris, the “most beautiful avenue in the world”, is a showcase attracting artists and art professionals from around the world for a prestigious annual meeting during the Parisian artistic exhibition season.
– Since its creation, the Salon d’Automne gets strong international connections. Exhibitions flourish all around the world, according to the links created by its active and voluntary members (Japan, Cyprus, Belarus, China) – As a nonprofit organization, the society of the Salon d’Automne is managed by its Board of Directors, resulting from the annual vote of its members at each General Assembly. Any artist exhibiting at the Salon d’Automne, French or foreign, can become a society member (under certain conditions) and take part in the life of the community, in a total equality of rights, duties and responsibilities.
– 115 years after its creation, the Salon d’Automne is still so dynamic, driven by the energy of the artists and the diversity of mediums gathered, including the most recent artistic vocabularies, in the form of 18 rigorously organized sections.
– In next October 2018, in complete freedom, outside the clans or sclerosing aesthetic conformisms, an exceptional international showcase of contemporary creation will be shown, as the area of all encounters, also the honour place of a retrospective around the great famous Belgian cartoonist FRANQUIN, under the François CHENG’s high sponsorship (Member of the prestigious Académie Française)
Join us and join this brilliant artistic adventure!
Sylvie KOECHLIN sculptor
President of the Salon d’Automne